Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Heart Attack

We may have gotten egged Saturday, but Sunday night my mom got heart attacked by the girls in her Young Womens group for her 50th birthday. There were hearts all over the house and in the yard.

(We tried to take family pictures, but Alexa kept standing up and posing like a model.)
Speaking of her 50th birthday, I keep forgetting to write about her party. We had a good time and there were so many people there. I was not prepared for that, but luckily my family was there to help. We did a little program and listed my mom's 50 favorite things. So here it goes...
#50 The song "Baby Baby" by Amy Grant
#49 The color Blue
#48 Christmas
#47 Lambs (She had one when she was a little girl)
#46 Toyota Cars
#45 Cheating at the game Uno
#44 BYU
#43 Chocolate
#42 The movie "White Christmas"
#41 Chocolate Ice Cream
#40 Clearance Racks
#39 Wandering Walmart in the middle of the night
#38 Egg-n-toast
#37 Talking
#36 Sleep
#35 Singing or humming to babies
#34 Ketchup
#33 Excedrin
#32 Apple Cake
#31 Lladros
#30 Juggling
#29 Bees
#28 Making Smoothies
#27 Making Milkshakes
#26 Rag Curls
#25 Getting new purses for her birthday
#24 A clean house
#23 Nerd Dancing
#22 Car Dancing
#21 Pole Bending in the car
#20 The Farm up in Zion
#19 Baby Quail
#18 Giving Alyssa self help books
#17 Young Womens
#16 Girls Camp
#15 Toilet Papering
#14 Getting her education
#13 Opera Singing
#12 Salads
#11 Learning new workout tricks
#10 Her parents
#9 her sisters
#8 The Garden
#7 Shopping
#6 Sunday Dinners
#5 Being with people
#4 Being a grandma
#3 My dad singing and playing the guitar
#2 Family
#1 The Savior

Mom, I love you and I am so glad to be here in your home. You have been such a great example to me and a great friend. I love you!!!

3 comments:

West and Darci said...

I remember your mom always being up for taking us toilet papering. She was so much fun. Alexa is so cute with her little pose. She looks so much like you!

Mary Brown said...

I love you too, Alyssa and enjoy having you and Alexa in our home. The party was REALLY a surprise and sooooo much fun. I loved how you ended my 50 Favorite Things with the Gospel of Jesus Christ. It is was makes everything else matter and eternal. I have given out 3 Book of Mormons of the 50 you had as party favors. I am very excited to share the gospel more with others and give out the remaining 10 books. KT came and got one this morning to give to a friend at work. If anyone wants one, call me. We have the missionary fever now---must have caught it from Tommy!!!

Jenny said...

You'll have to tell your mom that I love the Amy Grant song "baby baby" too!

And I can't wait to see you soon Alyssa...wink wink.