Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Long Fun Weekend!!!


We had a great 4th of July weekend. Friday, for the 4th, we got up early in the morning and met my cousins at the petting zoo out in Old Nevada. While we were waiting to leave we took pictures in the new clothes from Grandma Traci. I have a hard time getting a normal picture of her. She is always moving. The "zoo" was about 30 minutes out side of Las Vegas. It was really HOT!!! There were fake gun shoots (not very fun), but the kids loved the petting zoo. The animals I think were a little slow or handicapped, but Alexa didn't seem to mind. You can see the huge tumor on the deer that loved Alexa.
After the zoo we went swimming (Alexa is doing so much better about going in the water. She even went down the water slide and will put her face in the water without crying. Thank you Tommy!!!) and then over to my aunt's house for fireworks and a bike parade. The kids decorated their bikes and drove them around. They were so cute.
Saturday, we got up early again. Alexa had gymnastics. She was by far the best one in the class. She can do a somersault all by herself and would climb up the wall to do a hand stand. She loves the bar and could do a flip on it with a little bit of help. She loved her new patriotic gymnastics outfit from Grandma Traci. She is the only kid that actually wears real leotards.


Then we went out to Pahrump where my cousin lives. They had a BBQ and then the city of Pahrump puts on the best firework display. It was the best fireworks I have ever seen. I love fireworks!!!
Sunday was my mom's 50th birthday! I threw her a surprise dinner. I anticipated about 30 guests, but there were at least double that. It was a little crazy, but it all went well. I will write about that later when I get the pictures back. It was a fun weekend!!!

1 comment:

April Garvin said...

I love what you said about the zoo and the animals being dead. That is so funny. I think somewhere off of Rancho there is another zoo. It is close to the 95. This way you dont have to drive so far.