Friday, July 4, 2008

Swimming Lessons


Alexa has always been such a fish. She loved the water and had no fear! About two weeks ago she fell into a jacuzzi while waiting for some kids I watch that were doing swimming lessons. She was fine and could get her mouth out of the water and the kids pulled her out before I could even stand up. She seemed to brush it off really quick and I didn't think much of it, but she is so afraid of the water now. She wont even let me hold her in the water. My brother Tommy teaches swimming lessons so he started lessons with her to try to get her water safe on Monday. She has had a hard time still and screams when she gets in the water, but she will at least let Tommy hold her in the water now and can hummmm while he puts her face in the water. She doesn't like it, but she can do it! Hopefully the more she swims, the more comfortable she will be and will get more confident in her skills. I just want her to enjoy the water like she use to. It is so hot here and you have to be in the water!

1 comment:

Brandon and Erin said...

she is so big...makes me sad! I miss you guys...lets meet up one of these days. It would be fun and worth it! Tell Alexa hi!