Monday, December 29, 2008

Winter in Vegas!!!

Since I have been such a bad blogger this month, here are some pictures from the past few weeks.
We had a family reunion the weekend of my birthday up in Utah and got to see lots of cousins. Alexa and her cousin that was her same age had so much fun. They kept wrestling. I have never seen her act so tough.
It has been nice and warm. Alexa loves going and picking the tomatoes out of the garden. She really likes throwing the over ripe ones out into the dirt.
Then it got really cold and snowed about 6 inches. We actually had a snow day and school was canceled. It was pretty funny. Alexa had a blast out in the snow. She made snow angels and threw lots of snowballs. I was freezing. Luckily she finally settled for me sitting on one side of the glass doors and the was outside throwing snowballs at my face. She thought it was pretty funny and I thought it was a lot warmer inside. My ceiling at school actually fell in because of the snow so I have no classroom until they get it fixed!
Here is her cute little Christmas dress she picked out!
We painted a very colorful nativity. She loves to paint!
Alexa played the angel (along with the other girl cousins) in the annual Christmas Eve Nativity.
She took it very seriously. You can see her trying to flap her arms in one of the pictures.
Christmas morning it was hard to get her out of bed. My dad even accidentally set off the fire alarm cooking bacon and she didn't even flinch. But once she got up we had fun. She really loved her new undies. She kept saying " how did Santa know Ariel is my favorite princess?"
Santa also brought her the new Alexa Princess Barbie. It sings when you tough her hand.
Alexa got me a lot of really cute stuff. KT and Will took her shopping. She got me a princess puzzle that we could do together, my very own set of pom poms so we can sheer together, some stuff for my bulletin board at school, and a cute statue of a mom and daughter dancing. She made me this cute card. She is getting really good at writing and spelling. She is so smart!

The look on her face when all the presents were done! Lucky for her, she is in Utah now getting even more Christmas! We miss her!

2 comments:

West and Darci said...

Alexa is such a cute little girl! I am jealous that you guys got snow there. My kids would have have had a blast playing in it!

Jillian said...

Alexa is so dang cute! How fun to be Santa. I can't wait until Carson appreciates Santa Claus.