Wednesday, May 21, 2008

My New Blog!!!


Well I never thougth that I would start one of these because now I will spend way too much time on the internet. Plus I think my mom is probably the only one who is going to read this. (Hi mom!) I have such a hard time setting aside time to journal and never write down the cute things Alexa does and says, so this way I can show her my blog someday and she can see how funny she was. The reason I finally had time to start this tonight is because she is staying the weekend with her Grandma Traci. It is coming close to the end of the school year here and so there are lots of things I have to be at for work. She loves to go get to stay with grandma instead of having a babysitter each night. Plus now maybe I can finally get some packing done. We have only about two and a half weeks left here in Provo and then we are making the move down to Las Vegas.

Well I know this is a little late, but the whole reason I started thinking about making this blog was becasue Alexa said the cutest thing the other day and I wanted to remember it forever. Last Sunday, on Mother's Day I was a little stressed and expecting to have a horrible day. This was going to be my first holiday as a single mom and well Alexa isn't really old enough to think to do something for me. (I know I sound really selfish, but I just assumed it would be a tough day) We had a busy day and woke up early to take a friend to the airport and then headed to church. As we were walking into church Alexa looked at me and said, "Mom, it is such a beautiful day." I nodded my head and tried hurrying her into church since we were late. She continued by said, "It's because you are here." It just melted my heart and made my day. I love being here mom and little things that she says and all the hugs and kisses she loves to give make being a mom and loving her really easy.

4 comments:

R. A. L. III. said...

I love that Little Girl! Alexa is so cute!!! When are you going to post the pics of your hot new Blonde hair!!!

JessicaSmith said...

Aww... I got a little tear in my eye from your mothers day. It will get better :) Amelie made Alexa a picture that says: I love Alexa she is a loving friend. -Haha we can't wait to see you guys <3

Kiana Hayden said...

What a sweetie! I'm so glad that you joined the wonder world of blogging!

CassiLou said...

welcome to blogland Alyssa! I'm glad I have a way to keep in touch with you when you leave. Cassi