Friday, May 30, 2008

Alexa Fix for my Mom!!!

My mom is getting really excited for us to come. Only one week left before we make the big move down to Las Vegas. I am starting to get really anxious and excited about going too. I have really gone back and forth about this decision. I love my life up here. I have some of the most amazing friends up here who I am really going to miss and it will be really hard to ever find another job that is as rewarding as working at Independence. Today was my last day of work and it was so sad to say goodbye to everyone and to clean out my classroom. Eventhough it will be really sad to leave here, I know that now is the time to head back to Las Vegas and settle there.
My mom left a comment that she needed an Alexa fix so here are a couple funny things she has said the past few days.
--We walked to the cemetery on Memorial day to watch my students do the 21 gun salute. It was raining and we were late so we were hurrying. Alexa looked up at me and said, "Mom, you better hold my hand. I don't want to lose you."



--Today Alexa got to go to school with me and help me clean out my room. She thinks it is so cool to go to school. On the way home she said to me, "I am so smart mom. I know everything that I know." I laughed so hard. She is smart!

7 comments:

Jenny said...

I love you too! I can't even think about you moving next weekend or else I'll probably start crying!! I've been so spoiled having you so close these past few months.

Mary Brown said...

Well, we are excited to have you come home to Las Vegas!!! I just showed Dad your blog and he can't stop laughing at Alexa's "smart" comment! You guys are so fun to have around and I know everyone there will miss you, but we will enjoy having you here! Keep praying and living the commandments and you will be guided to do the right things.

Mary Brown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mary Brown said...

Thanks for the pics...I love em. She is so funny. Your blond hair looks great! Also, your spelling is perfect! Love you forever.

Hollydoll said...

Hey Alyssa,

What a cool thing. I wish I had something like this when my kids were little and I had so much more time. Alexa is adorable and it is obvious that you are a good mom. Keep up the good work and have a lot of fun getting to date again. (not that I would want to go through that again...ha ha) Good luck on your move and finding a new job that you love as much as the one you are leaving!!
Love, Holly (your cousin)

Anonymous said...

I know what you mean. When I drove away from selling our 2nd home in Springville last year, I cried as we left the driveway. It is so beautiful in that part of the country...and to be honest you ARE coming just as the hot season starts here, huh? But anyway, you have friends that love you here!!

Kari Bonadio said...

I just love this little Girl!