Sunday, October 26, 2008

First Time Voter!


I went yesterday to vote early. This was my first time voting. Last presidential election I didn't get registered right in Utah. I was pretty excited to get to vote. As I was standing in line, there was a boy in front of me who looked realy young. He went up to the booth to sign in and they asked him if he was a first time voter. Of course he was and everyone started clapping and cheered for him. I was excited to be a first time voer, so I was waiting for my cheer. I got to the front of the line. They asked me to show them my ID and then gave me my card to go vote. They didn't even ask. I was kind of depressed that they didn't think I looked young enough to be a first time voter. Oh well.

2 comments:

Emily Hayes Photography- Washington DC Wedding and Portrait Photography said...

YEA!!! I am so proud of you for getting out there and voting!! I am hoping my registration gets processed in time. I thought I was registered but found out a few days before the deadline that I was not. I will feel like such a phony loser if I can't vote. I miss you!!

Tate said...

Hey I doubt that you remember me i was friends with KT in High School My name was Jodi Browne now it is Tate, anyway I saw that your Brother was in Uruguay Montevideo and that is where my brother in law is serving he arrived there in August. Just wondering what area he was in so I could ask my brother if he knows him. His name is Elder Taylor Tate. Thanks. P.S Taylor loves Uruguay and the people have been so good to him so I know your brother will just fall in love with the people.