Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Sad Sad Day!

This website is for Elder Brown. You can get his emails and here about Uruguay.
http://elderbrown.groupbrown.com
This morning Tommy was set apart to be a full time missionary and left this afternoon to serve a two year mission , spreading the gospel in Uruguay. He flies straight into the Argentina missionary training center where he will study the language for three months and then he is off to Uruguay. We are so very proud of him. He is the first missionary in our family and well the first missionary on my mom's side of the family. He did such a good job on his talk in church on Sunday. We had lots of company in town and had so much fun talking and "screaming." If you were there that night you will know what I mean. I love my family!!!
I have been so busy with work and Tommy's stuff that I haven't had time to blog lately, but don't worry. Now that Tommy is gone I will have my very own laptop and can blog much more easily. We will miss Tommy (I mean Elder Brown) but it will be fun to see the blessings that come to our family because of his mission.

There is such joy in sharing the gospel. I have already begun to see a change in my life. Yesterday, a friend at work asked for a copy of the book "True to the Faith" which talks about the different areas of the gospel and what we believe in. It is a great reference book. He said he has been searching for something and this seems to be the answer to his questions. He is very interested in the gospel and we will see what comes of it. He is from Argentina and so he was really interested in Tommy leaving.

2 comments:

Mary Brown said...

May I be the first to comment...good job on the blog and your missionary work!!! Yes, our family is a scream!

Campbell Family said...

That is so exciting for you and your family! I can't believe how the time has passed and that Tommy is old enough to be serving a mission! Which mission in Uruguay is he serving?? My sister Melissa's boyfriend is now in the Montevideo West mission. Tell him good luck for me and that my prayers are with him and your family, I know that even through it is a very exciting time it is a scary time too.