Sunday, October 12, 2008

Homecoming Date!

This past week was homecoming week at Centennial. We have been pretty busy helping the freshmen with their decorating and float. It was fun to get to go to the football game with my family, but it is weird being on the other side of things. Alexa got to go on the float as a lion because their theme was animal planet. She had so much fun and thought she was pretty hot stuff. Her gymnastics teacher (Will's sister) is a cheerleader there and Alexa was screaming her name and go bulldogs the whole game. She was so cute.

Last night was the dance. I got to go for a few hours to chaperon. My good friend and Alexa came with me. When we were walking in a student said, "oh how cute that girl brought her little sister as her date." Yeah I guess Alexa was my date, but she is not my little sister. We all laughed, but then the best comment came when we went to go get the free family picture for staff members. We walk up and Alexa and I go stand in front of the backdrop and my friend just stood off to the side. The photographer asked if the other mom wanted to get in the picture too. What is this world coming to that they would even ask that.

6 comments:

West and Darci said...

Hey that means you are still looking young if you are mistaken for a student! I would be happy!

Alice said...

I am so thrilled and excited to be able to see you this coming weekend. Remember that even though it is weird to have people have different and weird views it is always a breath of fresh air compared to "Happy Valley" up here. I am excited to escape the bubble for a few days!

Jenny said...

You look beautiful Alyssa!!!

Kim said...

Oh my goodness, that's crazy, that the photographer would ask you that. Cute pics!

Jenny said...

Alyssa...I tagged you! You better do it this time! Ha ha.

JessicaSmith said...

haha that's great. When Paris was in kindergarten one of her friends asked if I was her big sister. It hasn't happened since so take it as a compliment. :)