Monday, August 4, 2008

Chocolate Solves Everything!


Today I was really feeling stressed. I am usually a pretty easy going person and don't get to stressed often, but with being out of town so much the past few weeks, some other crazy things going on in life, and school starting this week I have been feeling overwhelmed. I was venting to my mom today and just listing off my "to do list" as I was getting ready to run out the door. Alexa come in to the room with a bag of chocolate and said "mommy, I have a list of things to do. I have to eat this chocolate, give you a hug, give you a kiss, and go to bed tonight." She then come over and offered me some chocolate and gave me a big hug and kiss before I ran out the door. How could life get any better? She is so smart. I am so glad I have her to remind me how simple life really is. All we need is each other and a little bit of chocolate and the rest will all just fall into place.

3 comments:

Aubrey said...

Alyssa! So good to hear from you. Alexa is so adorable (and she's really right about the chocolate :) Ammon and Hinckley still remember her. Every time I go to use this blue plastic bowl that I have that has flower petals around the base they always get mad at me and tell me that it is Alexa's bowl and that I need to give it back to her(because I often gave her food in it when she was at our house, and I never used it for them since it is so girly.) I hope everything is going well for you in Vegas. Good luck with everything, and keep in touch once in a while. Blogs are so wonderful for that :)

Mary Brown said...

I have to admit that Alexa came downstairs and told me her mom was stressed and needed a hug and a kiss. I told her you needed chocolate, too so I sent her up with the Hershey Kisses! You do handle stress pretty well and Alexa is a great blessing of comfort. I love you both very much and I am so glad you are in our home.

R. A. L. III. said...

Got to love that little girl she's about as perfect as you can get!