Monday, August 4, 2008

Last Family Trip :(

With Tommy leaving in 2 months for his mission to Uruguay, we decided to take one last family vacation all together. I have been wanting to go to the San Diego Zoo for a long time to take Alexa there, so we headed down there Thursday and spent the weekend there. We had a great time at the zoo!!!

OUR FAVORITES:
Alexa loved it and couldn't pick a favorite animal. She said she liked them all the same. She doesn't want to hurt any of their feelings, but she really loved getting her pictures taken in the cut out things. We stopped at every single one!
My favorite animal is the Koala. I can still remember going to the San Diego Zoo when I was a kid and going to the Koala exhibit and my grandma bought me a t-shirt. You can't see the Koalas very well, but that is where we are.
Tommy's favorite animal is a lion (well h says now that it is a dog, but it use to be a lion when he was little), but they were asleep and you couldn't see them very well.
KT loves the monkeys. She has a huge stuffed monkey collection in Alexa's room. It is kinda creepy! The monkeys were fun to watch though. It is so weird how human like they act.

My mom and Will like the Polar Bears. We were lucky and got there right as they were feeding them and saw them eat this huge bone with meat. It was really hard to take pictures of them though.
My dad said his favorite animal was my mom!
The next day my family went to the San Diego temple early in the morning and then we went and spent the day at the beach. Alexa made songs up about the beach the whole way there. This morning after we are already home she asked if we could go to the beach again today. She loved the water and playing in the sand. She played all day!!! We got to meet up with some of my mom's old friends from work and BBQ on the beach. It was so nice. We will have to go back soon.


Sunday morning we got up and went to church. It is always nice to go to an unfamiliar ward and see how familiar it really is. We are all brothers and sisters and we are all more similar than we think. Then we got to see my cousins and their kids that live out there. They are so much fun and we don't get to see them often enough.

It was such a wonderful trip. I am so blessed that I have the best job and can just pick up and go where I want for the summer. Now it is time for me to get back to the real world since school starts next week!

2 comments:

Alice said...

If you would have moved to San Diego, I probably would have followed you! I love that place. What a spectacualarly beautiful place. I am glad you had so much fun. You deserve it. Labor Day, Vegas? I think that is the plan btw. I will talk to the Bills and let you know. It would be sad if we planned different vacations! :(

Brandon and Erin said...

looks like you guys had fun. I am really sad that we didn't get together. I miss you tons. I miss seeing Noah and Alexa play. Tell the family hi. Lets get together one of these days!