Saturday, August 16, 2008

Missing Alexa!


Alexa left Tuesday to spend a week and a half with her Grandma up in Utah. This is the longest she has ever been away. It feels so empty here without her running around and without all of her funny little comments. She called the other day and told me that she get to get her fingernails painted and they have a white flower with a pink dot in the middle. She is having a good time, but we all sure do miss her here.
I started my first week of orientation at my new school. I know I have been kind of pessimistic about the whole changing schools thing, but I am finally really getting excited. I will definitely miss my old students and the teachers that I worked with. I have been worried that I would just kind of get lost in this big old school. A lot of the teachers seem so much older than me and since I went there for high school it might be a weird working relationship at first, but my prayers have been answered. At the new teacher orientation stuff I met a girl who will be in the room next to me and has the same prep as me and she just got baptized and goes to one of the other singles wards. We have had a lot of fun together. I am glad I will have someone to do stuff with and to get ideas and help from.

4 comments:

CassiLou said...

I'm glad you are getting back into the groove. Sarah was helping the new teacher clean out your room yesterday and I was getting sad.

Mary Brown said...

It is amazing to watch the blessings come in your life... maybe it is because of the blessing you are to others!!! What a blessing it is to have you & Alexa here! Thanks for all you do! Love you lots....

Child Family said...

We have had so much fun with Alexa! Jack and Alexa rode rides together all day at Lagoon and when he got home Jack told me Alexa was his best friend. Thanks for letting us enjoy her up here. She is too fun! Good luck at your new school, they are lucky to have you.

Mary Brown said...

OK, so now we are all REALLY missing "Mommy's Little Bundle of Joy" (as Alexa fondly calls herself)!!! I am so excited to see her tomorrow. Elissa emailed me and said she could not figure out this "blocker" thing! Guess we need to give her some help.