Monday, August 11, 2008

Just a Little Bit Perfect!


I already blogged today (although it is after midnight so technically it is tomorrow), but I had to write this down before I forgot it. Tonight during family home evening, we were making brownies and I was distracted so I didn't get the first part of the conversation, but my family was talking about a perfect world or how this isn't a perfect world. Alexa piped in and said, "My world isn't perfect, but my world is just a little bit perfect."

I know it doesn't really make sense, but it kind of sums up the way I have felt lately. Today in church we were having this same discussion. How can the Lord say that if we keep his commandments then we will be blessed yet why do bad things happen to good people. Shouldn't we have a perfect life if we are keeping the commandments? We all have trials in our lives. Some are bigger than others, but through Christ we can overcome any obstacle that may come.

Life isn't perfect right now, and it will probably never be perfect. There are a lot of circumstances that I wish were different that I just don't have much control over, but life sure feels perfect. I am contradicting myself. That is where Alexa gets it from, but when I see the wonderful life that I have and Alexa, all the things that aren't so perfect don't seem to matter and LIFE IS PERFECT!

2 comments:

spitfire_brandon said...

When I think of the word 'Perfect' the first thing that comes to my mind is Jesus Christ. And nothing else can even come close. Nobody has the so called perfect life and if we did we would all be very boring and dull I guess that would not be the best way to describe it but we would have learned nothing from this life to prepare us for the next. We all have trials in life to make things interesting,and hard but we learn from those trials and mistakes so that it make us stronger,better and more reliant on Christ. I love the trials and problems life has thrown at me, at the time i hated them and did not understand the reasoning behind them but later on life I look back at those challenges and realize that's what made me who I am today and I dont think I'm that bad. Others may think otherwise.So Alyssa you are very special and the Lord has something great in store for you. I've noticed that youv'e grown so much, spirtually as well as mentally and really admire the strength you have. But remember our trials are what makes us who we are.Now you can help others who face the same trials. I hope things are better for you now that your home and remember that you always have a friend to talk too. talk to your later- Brandon Guillermo email me sometime brandong@preventivepest.com

Mary Brown said...

I miss that "little bit of perfect" child! It just isn't the same around here without her!