Sunday, August 10, 2008

Every Precious Moment

We have had a very fun filled week. This was our last week before work starts again and Alexa is going to visit her grandma. We used every moment this week for fun.

We got to go to F.A.O. Schwartz with my cousin and her friend and their kids. The kids had so much fun running around and looking at all the toys. All of them were mesmerized by the Jack-n-Box. They would laugh every time it popped up. I was worried that going there could turn into a huge fit. I thought the kids would want everything they saw, but Alexa was so goo. She amazed me. She would sit in her stroller until we were ready to stop and play with a display. Like my mom said today, "She finds joy in the silliest little things." I wish we could all be like that and see the joy that is all around us in this world.
When Tommy was little we use to put him in my parent's tub and fill it with bubbles and let him play. It is crazy to think that he is now old enough to go on a mission and that I have a daughter that is playing in the tub. My mom filled the tub with bubbles for her and then did rag curls. Alexa loves her curly hair.
Yesterday, we went to the Lied Discovery Museum. I use to go there when I was a kid and loved it. We took Alexa's friend and my other cousin and her family came. It was a blast. I think my dad had the best time there. He loved to try all the exhibits and see how they worked. Alexa was more concerned with looking pretty and having everyone watch her. She said her favorite was going grocery shopping, but she liked dancing on the stage, singing in the booth, and went in the wind tunnel twice.

I am so glad I get to act like I am 3 and just play and have no worries. Now that the school year is starting I might have to act like a grown up, but I will always have time to play!

3 comments:

The Green's said...

Hey Alyssa, I finally have a blog. You can find it at http://ericmelissagreen.blogspot.com/, I hope all is well.

Eric

Stephanie and David said...

We did have fun, didn't we!!! Can't wait for what we do next. Don't know what the spring perserves are...but sounds fun! We are going to the farm labor day weekend! I really want you guys to come with us. Holli and Brandon want to come too! Let me know! Love you guys!

Kari Bonadio said...

LOL this girl is just so cute. I love how she has your dancing abilitys. ;) I miss her.