Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Don't Wait!!!


The past few days have been a little crazy with the move and then trying to get settled in here in Las Vegas. I know that I have been a little negative about the whole move and having to live with my parents, but I wanted to take this time to tell my parents how much they mean to me. This morning I got a text message from one of my friends from work letting me know that our other friend from work's mother had passed away last night. This was not unexpected. Her mother had been battling cancer and was not expected to make it through the week. She had said she wished she knew it was her last week because she would have said a lot of different things to her mother before she went into a more coma like state. I hope that nothing like that will happen anytime in the near future, but there is never a bad time to tell the people around you how much they mean to you.
I have the most amazing parents. They have stood by me through everything and were always willing to drop everything and do whatever I needed. I have never had to question my parents' love for me or for Alexa. I couldn't ask for better grandparents. Although they do spoil her a little bit.
As Alexa told me, "They love me! And we slide down the snow and they think I'm a little cowgirl and like a lollipop. They always know what to do with Tommy! And they think I am silly and a lucky duck! And that's all I have to tell you." (Just some background, Alexa just can't stop talking about the time they took her to Mount Charleston and went sledding and she is obsessed with the word lollipop. The rest of the quote was just what came out of her mouth when I asked her what she thinks of Grandma and Grandpa.) Thanks mom and dad and thanks for letting us stay with you. Love you!!!!

3 comments:

Brandon and Erin said...

Very true...I think about that with my mom as well and am grateful to have her as my mom and can't wait to be with her again. It is important not to take things for granted- we really are so blessed with all we have...thanks for the reminder. Call when things settle down for ya! Tell your family hi too!

piekid said...

Hey you! It's Tiffany. I thought I'd just let you know that I got the link to your blog from your parents and have been reading a bit. I love that old pic of the family. I can't believe I knew you when you were that small and even smaller! I feel old!

April Garvin said...

Thanks for the thoughts. It is very true!! Adams mom died of cancer and we both had so much we wanted to tell her. I regret it all the time. Family is great!