Sunday, June 29, 2008

The Little Mermaid


Anyone who knows Alexa or has been around her for more than 5 minutes, knows that she loves the little mermaid. She was known in nursery for singing the "Ahhhh ahhhh ahhhh" tune and telling them her name was Ariel. Her favorite pajamas that she wears every night have the little mermaid on them and she has like 5 different mermaid Barbies that she totes around everywhere Because I turned my taxes this year at the Mandalay Bay they gave out free tickets to the Shark Reef that expired June 30th. We got to go twice this week to the Shark Reef with them. Alexa was in heaven!!! She sat on my dad's shoulders and listened to every single exhibit on the portable speaker thing.
There was one part where you could touch some sting rays and these baby sharks. She wouldn't touch them, but was so fascinated with them. I wanted her to get to touch them so I kept pressuring her to do it. She finally said that if I touched it then she would. (If you know me, then you know that I was probably more scared of them then she was!) I was trying to be the brave mommy so I did it and then she said "I was just kidding" and wouldn't touch them.
Her favorite was when we got to the sunken ship which is the main exhibit with like 400 big sharks and a few sea turtles. There was one shark who had a crooked fin. She kept saying "Mom that poor fish has a broken arm." There was a part where the floor is see through and you are walking over the sharks. She just started singing her favorite "Ahhhhh ahhhh ahhhh" tune and then got on the floor and started pretending she was swimming like a mermaid. She drew a pretty large crowd and even recruited some other kids.

1 comment:

The Olsen Family said...

You have got to get your little girl into acting classes. She would be great and I am sure it would be a really nice outlet for her too. I think Donovan would fall in love her too.