Thursday, June 5, 2008

"You Never Get Impressed"

My mom is on her way driving up here now so she shouldn't need an Alexa fix, but I wanted to write down some of the funny things Alexa said. We have been packing all day and so she (and I) was going a little stir crazy. My friend from work came over and helped entertain Alexa while I got a bunch of packing done. She kept saying funny things to her.

--She told my friend that she really needed to change her clothes. We asked why and she just kept insisting that she needed to go home and change her clothes. Finally she said that she looked silly in her clothes and that she needed to go change. Sometimes I worry about the things she is going to tell people. She does not have the filter to always know that it isn't nice to say something. --When I was trying to get her in bed she was really resisting. (She knows Gammy and Papa are on their way, but they wont be here till like 3 in the morning) I found her wandering the house and she said she couldn't find the bed and she was looking for it so she could go to bed. She just wanted any excuse to stay up. We are both excited to see my mom and dad.

--She was making up a song about every random thing that she would see. For some reason she kept saying the line, "Mom you never get impressed!" I try hard to be a good mom, but sometimes I feel like you never know the mental damage you are doing to your child. (Me taping it probably didn't help)

2 comments:

Alice said...

Getting impressed is hard sometimes. I can see how Alexa may feel like you don't get impressed. Just kidding...I don't think she even knows what that means! She is hilarious though, thanks for letting me hang out to night and "entertain" her. I really think she did most of the entertaining! It was a blast. Talk to you soon!

Mary Brown said...

I am impressed! You are a great mom and she is an interesting child. They say (well, I was told several times) that it is more difficult to raise an intelligent child---and she is definitely intelligent! She doesn't miss much...