Sunday, June 15, 2008

Improvising!

Today was our first day at our new ward. So far I have decided to go to the singles ward here. I have never been to a singles ward other then a BYU ward which is a creature of its own. I have never felt so nervous to go somewhere. I think I was more nervous to go to church today than I was on my first day of teaching. It just seems so weird to be going to a singles ward with Alexa, but they have a nursery and primary so it is perfect for her. I am going to try it for another week or two and then decide if it is where we are supposed to be. When we were getting ready this morning I was already stressed just because I was nervous and then Alexa had a hard time getting ready. She had a specific outfit she wanted to wear, but in the process of getting ready she ripped one of the ties on her dress. I wanted to just change her dress, but that wasn't happening. She wanted it fixed right then. We were already late for church. My brother and I ran around the house trying to find a needle and thread, but all my stuff is still paced and he had no idea where my mom would keep that. Finally he said why don't we just staple it so we did. It lasted long enough to get us to church, but it was ripped again by the time we got home. Grandma sewed it!!!

2 comments:

Mary Brown said...

Love the new wallpaper! It is so you! Also, you will love the singles ward and they will love you! Remember, that is where Dad & I met!!!

Kiana Hayden said...

Going to the singles ward for the first time is like getting into cold water...its uncomfortable at first but then you get used to it.

And I love Tommy's tailoring skills... I ripped a huge hole in my dress at my cousins wedding and did the same thing- hey, it works!